"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Friday, July 4, 2014

Have Tea With Me?

 I completed one of my projects, prompted in part by Craftsy's blog post yesterday citing World UFO  Day and how it could apply to quilters.  If you're a quilter, you know why.  If you're not a quilter, it's because UFO for us is an unfinished object.    
I am a tea lover, but most often make it per mug in the microwave.  However, I sometimes enjoy the graciousness of a semi-formal tea setting, i.e. I use a teapot and cups and saucers.  Now I have a sweet tea cozy and coasters to match.
One of Mom's buttons to dress it up a bit.
This design is from the July/August McCall's Quilting by Sandra Hatch.
I wanted to have flowers in a vase in my shot but Hurricane Arthur is pouring away outside so no flowers today.  

Happy July 4th.
Let Freedom Ring
God Bless America.


Quiltingranny said...

You have my dish set, I so love the Desert Rose collection! Beautiful tea setting!

Mary Grace McNamara said...

I would love to have tea with you, Joanna! What a lovely tea set you have, both china and fabric! I love a nice cup of tea too, but not in this hot weather! I'm only a cold weather tea drinker!

Love the button detail you added to the tea cozy!


Sheila said...

I'd love to have tea with you , your tea set is adorable !

Vroomans' Quilts said...

How fun to dress up your lovely tea set - love the button.

Lesley said...

Your tea set is precious! Enjoy your cup of tea while staying safe from the storm!

QuiltSue said...

What a great tea set and the tea cosy is gorgeous.

I love your bell too. I hope you had a good day yesterday.

Soggibottom said...

You are a quilting queen, but WHAT.... tea in a microwave. NEVER.
Gonna have to give you lessons in tea making :-) :-) x x x A tea cozy to grace any kitchen. As soon as Frank moves from the mouse I can click :-) :-) x

Susan Smith said...

I love your "tea" set and didn't realise that you didn't drink coffee most of the time. We use teabags in mugs these days. Lazy, I suppose, but I just couldn't seem to find a teapot that didn't dribble. Hope you had a great Independence Day. Take care.

Barb said...

I think I have those dishes that match those teapots...