"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Autumn Leaves Wall Hanging


I had hopes of completing this Blowin' in the Wind project, the sandwich for the Modern Christmas Tree QAL and two blocks for the Stash Busters QAL all this weekend, but I spent most of yesterday ripping stitches from  the border quilting on this quilt. Finally, today it's done.  Except, I didn't applique the tree branches that should on the left.

This is the version that Chris Malone designed for Quilter's World.


It's not too late to add but I like my version as is. 
I quilted leaves throughout.
 
I've decided to enter this wall hanging in the Bloggers Quilt Festival
I've taken a peek at some of the entries and am amazed by the gorgeous quilts.  It's a fabulous show.  
 
FMQ is like writing by moving the paper instead of the pen.  It must be good for my brain.  Hand quilting makes so much more sense.
 
God Bless You. 

11 comments:

  1. Your quilting is beautiful, and I like your version the best. The leaves are falling from up high in the sky, down to the earth. Very good choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! You made a wonderful version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that your version is lovely the way it is with the extra leaves and the way the blues and browns represent sky and earth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful wall hanging! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great, I love the colours, and your quilting is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt and quilting look splendid and do love your colour choice. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your version best Joanna and your quilting looks great , lovely quilt for the festival!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your version better to :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just reminds me of fall and I love it. Most fall quilts are around Halloween, but I love seeing more around the season!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is outrageously gorgeous and I may have come across the sea to pinch it from you! I love it!

    Great pattern, great colour choices, and those FMQ leaves are perfect for it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)