"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Windblown Square

I found another quilt that I like and made the block for it.  It's the Windblown Square.  The quilt is in one of Lynette Jensen's books.  Her method of making it is with all hst's.  I used my Sizzix die and it was fun to make.  I'm really leaning to this one for Brenna's quilt.  
 I think this would look good in turquoise and bright pink. 
I made progress on the Sew Simplicity table cover and think it's ready for the batting and backing.
It even looks good on the floor:) 
 I love this charming fabric.
I may add one more border.  
Have a wonderful week.
God Bless.

3 comments:

  1. I like the block but I'm smitten with the North Wind block. It shimmers like ripples in water when all the blocks are put together. A great scrap quilt in solids - especially if 4 blocks of the same colour are together.
    I don't think you really need another border for your runner. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely block which you could play with in lots of coulourways. I "love" your table runner and the little bird is so cute. I don't think it needs any more borders. Have a good week and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with the others, your runner looks great just as it is. I love the first block too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)