"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Four-Patch Finish

It took a few weeks but I have this project completed and plan to donate it to one of the Hands to Help charities that Sarah of Confessions of a Fabric Addict is supporting this year.  I am pathetically attached to traditional quilt blocks, and I don't think it gets any more traditional than the humble but lovable four-patch.  I'm probably going to let myself graduate to the nine-patch and see how many more scraps I can use up.

Today is a really beautiful Spring day here, finally.  The sun is out and it's warm and lovely.
I plan to begin work on the PatchKats quilt.  I have some American Made Brand red and cream that is going to be the heart border, and that's the first section we are working on.  

I hope you all are enjoying your weekend and that it is as nice where you are as it is here.  
God Bless.




11 comments:

  1. I have a passion for the traditional blocks too - you just can't go wrong with them. This is so simple, yet so stunning - sure to be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sun is out but it's not very warm here in TO. Love your four patch. The nine patch is one of my favourites because it is so versatile. Have fun with your new project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder your attached to it, I would be too :-)
    :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree! Love your quilt. Congratulations on a wonderful finish. I'm know it will provide warmth and comfort for someone in need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful quilt, and will be well-loved, I'm sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just on catchup and the quilt looks lovely and hope whoever recieves it enjoys. I notice those crocus you were looking for are now out. Georgeous. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the simplcity is what makes this quilt so beautiful , I love traditional quilts and this four patch is stunning !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful 4- patch! Gives you some great places to quilt in the white squares. Thanks for sharing your picture with all of us.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a balmy 87 degrees here with NO sea breeze. That just means that it is a great day to stay inside, enjoy the air conditioning and work on my H2H charity quilt. Yours, by the way, is very pretty. I love anything with the 4-patch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What could be prettier than a 4-patch ... I think I see one in my near future too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)