"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Nativity Quilt Finish and the June House

A little over a year ago I began this Nativity Quilt as you can see here.  I ran into problems quilting it with metallic thread.  Fortunately, I got a  link and advice from Sharon of Vroomans' Quilts, and eventually I used Sewer's Aid, a thread stand, and I also got some Magic Bobbin Genies. All of these combined were the ticket and today I finished the quilting, got the binding on and sewed on a hanger.



Love this finish. 

I stitched the June House.  I can't sew a straight line but love those birds and charming houses.  

God Bless!

7 comments:

  1. I am so happy everything worked and you now have a lovely finish. Oh, all those hand stitches just blend into a pretty block - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Nativity quilt looks absolutely gorgeous and well done with sticking to the metallic thread and giving it a go. Another cute house stitchery. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt looks great-I'm impressed that you kept going.

    And your stitchery is really cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the finish. It looks great and so does your embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt turned out wonderfully!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So now you're all ready for Christmas? I love your June house too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a great finish , your quilt turned out just lovely . Such a cute little house for June :-) enjoy your weekend .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)