"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Thursday, January 9, 2014

New Year, New Blocks


Happy New Year to everyone.  Hope we all know joy, good health and many good things in 2014. 

 This is block 19 in the Stash Buster QAL that is hosted by Linda's Quiltmania  http://lindasquiltmania.blogspot.com/  One more block and we put them all together.  I'm curious to see the setting for this quilt because I don't know what sashing I will use, if there is one.   

This is block 18 of the Ben Franklin Mystery Quilt.  http://erikhomemade.typepad.com/
It's called Independence Square.  It's one of my favorites so far. 

I like this crocheted pillow from Red Heart's web site and since I'm in the mood to crochet something I may take on this project. 

  I'm waiting for a local hospital to let me know if they need any lapghans.  One of my goals for 2014 is to make more things to donate.  I love to quilt, crochet and knit, but how many quilts do I need? 

Another goal this year is to use my fabric stash.  I have some beautiful fabric waiting for my attention and I want to use it.  I know that this will be the hard one to keep, but I'll try.

I'm going to join in the Sew Kitschy BOM which is a paper piecing project and looks very cute. 
I learned of it from Sunshine in the Attic's post so thank you.
I'm definitely going to make a patchwork scottie, too, from Quilting-On-The-Go.  Too cute.

I think I'll go and cut some fabric and start on one of these projects.  

God Bless You!


Moxie's snow print.  We had a blizzard a week ago, but the snow is all gone.

6 comments:

  1. That is a nice crocheted pillow cover. I would brighten it up though. The yarns looked kind of dull. I admire you wanting to donate more. Have you thought of a hospice or to the cancer ward? Then there's always chemo caps or baby bonnets (these you can make in all sizes from preemie to big) and you can use up small bits of yarn that way too.
    Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are going to be way busy this year. I'll have a look at a couple of those links. My ripple is coming along a treat and I'll try and do a post sometime soon!!! Oh, a blizzard, how scary. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are great! I especially like the second one...wow! What a wonderful idea to donate more of your treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Eric Homemade and stash buster blocks. You are all got up with both......I'm not....grin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blocks Joanna , I admire your stick to it . Great job
    ,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)